Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome the 2014!

Well, the year's off to an interesting start. I've slept in the past two mornings (which means I got up at 8-ish). Probably because I stayed up comparatively late on New Year's Eve, and then last night I got woken up in the middle of the night by my cat because she was thirsty. (Either there's a fissure in her water bowl, or it's so dry in here that her water's evaporating, because I'm filling that bowl 2x per day. She isn't drinking that much.)

I didn't make as much progress on Grandpa's slippers as I wanted (I'm crocheting him a pair), but that's partly because I kept being not counting how many stitches I had and mostly because I read a lot yesterday. (1 novelette + 2 novellas + 2.5 novels. The 3 shorter titles were in one compilation: Lindsay Buroker's Swords and Salt mini-series, which is priced at $2.99 [Smashwords | Amazon | B&N])

Goals for the year include getting healthy enough to be able to exercise (and then to exercise once I am). I'm making progress on that front, at least. Last time I exercised, I actually got a slight energy boost while exercising, rather than tanking while in the process of exercising.

But that's life. You want to know about the writing, yes?

I've temporarily posted the sequel to Thrice Uncharmed on Wattpad, which won't stay up for long. (And Thrice Uncharmed itself is $0.99 on at least one vendor, right now. I don't know how long it'll be that way, because I'm not the one who sets the prices, but you can find the links to the story on various vendors here.)

As for the drawing for those who signed up for my newsletter…the random number generator picked Pneumarian! He chose to have a story written about Mrs. Strongman. (For those who don't know, she's a character in a story I've since unpublished because it was a can't-stand-alone flash fic. I plan to release it again once I have a good story or collection to put it with.)

As for other things, I'm trying to avoid making specific plans, because life's been kicking me off-track lately whenever I've made those, lately, but I'm looking to have at least 1 new title under each of my pennames either published or to a publisher by the end of the month. Pneumarian's promised story might take a bit longer, but I'll be endeavoring to have that done ASAP.

I have some other "plans" which are more "ideas" at the moment, so I'll wait until they get more solid before I talk about them.

How are you? What are you planning for 2014?

—Misti

Popular Posts
(of the last month)